NETCHEM Project aims at strengthening the capacities for international cooperation in Serbian and Albanian higher education institutions (HEIs) and enterprises in order to increase their education level and technical capacities regarding analytical instrumentation usage for Environmental & Food Safety Control (EFSC) through Technology Enhanced Learning and to increase benefits in health, environment, tourism and economy in Serbia and Albania toward their EU pre-accession development.
ICT Networking for Overcoming Technical and Social Barriers in Instrumental Analytical Chemistry education
Instrumental analysis of environmental and food samples performed by project members using WARIAL network will provide the basis for establishing the SQL Data Collection of environmental and food quality indicators and chemical data, that will be used for increasing the public awareness about environmental and food problems addressing to both the professional sector and general public.
The Project specific objective is design, development, testing and adaptation of modernized courses with new learning materials/tools based on ICT that will be oriented toward instrumental analytical methods. Active study programs in PC HEIs offer some courses in instrumental analytical methods which are mostly theoretical without enough active participation of students and development of their practical skills, with no sufficient up to date equipment available for the students. That’s why the Project will introduce Remote access to analytical instruments, consultation “in real-time” with an expert presenting the lecture of specific topic, while simultaneously performs the analysis using concept “Real analysis in the virtual lab”. With this Project approach expensive instruments will be shared and opened for usage, furthermore access to disabled students will be provided.
Based on Education Development Strategy, Law of Higher Education and Strategy of Information Society, which emphasize the development of digital education content, introduction of e-learning and Open Distance learning, the Project is designed to foster the application of ICT in education and research. Teachers from Serbian and Albanian HEIs will be trained in OER usage and web based approach to analytical instruments. Serbian and Albanian students, professionals from public enterprises, laboratories for quality control, health laboratories, are also scheduled for training in instrumental analysis in aim to learn or improve their knowledge and skills.
• Support the modernisation, accessibility and internationalisation of the higher education field in the eligible Partner Countries.
• Contribute to the cooperation between the EU and the eligible Partner Countries (and amongst the eligible Partner Countries).
• To develop and use web accessed remote instrumental analytical laboratories (WARIAL) in environmental and food safety control (EFSC) domain
• To train university teachers in the use of WARIAL and open education resources (OER) for the preparation of courses in EFSC
• To develop MSc/PhD courses within the field of EFSC using WARIAL and OER
• To develop Continuous Professional Development courses designed according to the real needs of companies and laboratories in the field of EFSC
• To develop SQL based system for monitoring of EFSC quality indicators, case studies and professional's discussion forums
• Improve the quality of higher education and enhance its relevance for the labour market and society.
• Improve the level of competences and skills in HEIs by developing new and innovative education programmes.
WB Regional educational area will be enhanced with novel, updated and approved/accredited curricula, courses, learning materials, tools and methodologies, providing flexible, efficient and cost-effective way of academic and vocational training for ever-growing needs in labor market in environmental and food quality control. Open accessibility of the NETCHEM platform provides strengthening and prolongation of relationships between EU and Partner HEIs and enterprises.